This is the second report of the Law Commission's Insurance Contract Law project.
In this report ‘Insurance Contract Law: Business Disclosure; Warranties; Insurers’ Remedies for Fraudulent Claims; and Late Payment’, the Law Commission and the Scottish Law Commission recommend reform of the law in four areas of insurance law:
- the duty of disclosure in business and other non-consumer insurance
- the law of insurance warranties
- insurer’s remedies for fraudulent claims
- late payment of insurance claims
- these reforms would be a default scheme for business insurance, leaving the parties free to agree alternative arrangements in their contracts provided they do so transparently.
Further information on this project is available on the Law Commission website.