Use this guidance if you think you might be a patient’s ‘Nearest Relative’ (a legal term) in a First-tier Tribunal - Health, Education and Social Care Chamber (Mental Health) hearing.
The guidance explains:
- what happens during and after a Mental Health Tribunal hearing
- who is the patient’s Nearest Relative (it’s not always the next of kin)
- the Nearest Relative’s role
- what a tribunal is
- who is on a tribunal and what they do
- how to claim your expenses
Find Mental Health Tribunal forms.