Information economy strategy
- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
- Part of:
- Industrial strategy: government and industry in partnership and Industrial strategy
- First published:
- 14 June 2013
- Last updated:
- 31 October 2013, see all updates
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Strategy from government and industry for the future of the information economy.
Ref: BIS/13/901 PDF, 1.1MB, 57 pages
PDF, 136KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This strategy sets out a plan for government and industry to continue to work together to promote the success of the UK information economy sector. Its main themes are:
- a strong, innovative information economy sector exporting UK excellence to the world
- UK businesses across the economy making smart use of information technology and data
- ensuring citizens benefit from the digital age
- underpinning the information economy in the UK
Our new Information Economy Council, made up of representatives from government, business and academia will set the agenda for actions towards this strategy and monitor progress. Businesses and users across the economy can contribute on the actions they would like to see and how we can build a strong information economy in the UK.
On 31 October 2013 we published ‘Seizing the Data Opportunity: a Strategy for Data Capability’. It set out plans to ensure that the UK is at the forefront of extracting knowledge and value from data, and is an early outcome of the information economy strategy.
For further background see the earlier Information Economy Strategy: Call for Views and Evidence.
The information economy infographic is available in other formats from Flickr: Industrial sector infographics.
Published: 14 June 2013
Updated: 31 October 2013
- Added link to UK data capability strategy, an outcome of the information economy strategy.
- First published.