Information about East Coast Main Line
Response regarding East Coast Main Line questions including subsidies, trains, future plans and the role of First Class Partnerships.
Ref: p0007053 PDF, 28.8KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Freedom of Information request response regarding East Coast Main Line, the request asked:
- if East Coast is making premium payments to government, or getting paid a subsidy
- what the future entails for the agreements and payment of Class 180 Adelante trains
- if East Coast has appointed a long term marketing agent
- how East Coast justifies the state competing against private sector airlines, using state funds
- how the balance of cost and revenue gain is measured considering the need to maximise premium return to the government
- what the current plan is for inviting potential bidders for the East Coast Main Line
- whether the role of First Class Partnerships within East Coast and Department for Transport could be explained
- what the role of First Class Partnership is in advising the Department for Transport on train operating companies and other franchise bids