Improving the driving test
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Part of:
- New driving test: proposed changes trialled in 2015 to 2016 and Road safety
- First published:
- 26 February 2015
- Last updated:
- 25 August 2015, see all updates
- Applies to:
- England, Scotland, and Wales
How the government is trialling changes to the driving test to make it a better test of the driver’s ability to drive safely on their own.
This policy paper sets out how the government is trialling changes to driving test. The aim is make the driving test a better test of the driver’s ability to drive safely and competently on their own.
It also explains how any changes to the driving test will be introduced when the trial has finished.
Published: 26 February 2015
Updated: 25 August 2015
- Added Burgess Hill, Cardiff, Goodmayes, Northampton, Plymouth and West Didsbury driving test centres to list of the centres carrying out the trial.
- Added Bristol (Southmead), Herne Bay and Southampton (Maybush) driving test centres to the list of centres carrying out the trial.
- First published.