Use the online form if you're re-importing an unaccompanied private motor vehicle from outside the EU.
Declare your vehicle to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you’re re-importing a private vehicle from outside the EU. You can also use it to claim any relief from duty and VAT.
Give your completed declaration to HMRC or the UK Border Agency at the port you’re importing the vehicle into.
You can either:
- use the online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account) and print off the declaration
- fill in the form on-screen and print it off
If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.
To fill in the form you’ll need the:
- details of any alteration, renovation, repairs or additions made while the vehicle was outside the EU - including where these were carried out and the value of them
- place of importation
- ship name or aircraft flight number
- date of importation
- place of examination
- port or place of foreign loading
- bill of lading number
- details of the vehicle including:
- Vehicle Identification Number (chassis number)
- current registration number
- previous UK registration number, if applicable
- year or manufacture
- details of any attachments
- details of any optional extras
Before you fill in the postal form
If you’re using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.
You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.
Related forms and guidance
Notice 3: bringing your belongings, pets and private motor vehicles to UK from outside the EU
Guidance on importing your personal belongings, pets and private motor vehicles into the UK from outside the EU.
Application for Transfer of Residence (ToR) relief (ToR01)
Use this form to apply for Transfer of Residence (ToR) relief when you want to move your home from outside the EU to the UK.