Import and export: Designated Export Place application form (C&E42)
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Import and export forms and International freight industry and businesses making customs declarations
- First published:
- 4 April 2014
- Last updated:
- 25 August 2016, see all updates
Use the online form service to apply for authorisation to operate a Designated Export Place (DEP).
Ref: C&E42 https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/forms/form/application-for-authorisation-to-operate-a-designated-export-place/new
Ref: C&E42 PDF, 57KB, 3 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
You can either:
- use the online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)
- fill in the form on-screen, print and post it to HM Revenue and Customs
If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.
Information you’ll need
You’ll need the following details to hand to help you complete the online form:
- your Economic Operator Registration and Identification Scheme reference number - this begins with GB and is followed by 12 numbers, like GB123456789000
- details of the inventory system you intend to use in conjunction with DEP locations
- details of the chosen system type for use and any badges held
Before you start using the postal form
If you’re using the postal form and your browser is an older one, for example, Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.
You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.
Related help and guidance
Notice 275: Customs export procedures
Guidance on UK export procedures using the National Export System.
Notice 232: customs warehousing
Guidance on storage arrangements known as customs warehousing.
Published: 4 April 2014
Updated: 25 August 2016
- An online forms service is now available.
- First published.