Report assessing the impact and awareness of the Bribery Act 2010 among small and medium sized enterprises exporting goods overseas.
The Ministry of Justice (MOJ) and Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) commissioned a survey of 500 small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs); 95% of these were exporting goods.
The purpose of the survey was to find:
- the awareness of the Bribery Act 2010 among SMEs that export, or plan to export goods and/or services
- their use of guidance and advice on bribery prevention procedures (including who supplied the advice and how much it cost)
- the extent to which SMEs had put in place anti-bribery procedures and how much they cost
- how the Act had affected their exports and operational behaviour overseas
- any specific concerns or problems they had experienced as a result of the Act or MoJ guidance