The Ministry of Justice (MOJ) and Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) commissioned a survey of 500 small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs); 95% of these were exporting goods.
The purpose of the survey was to find:
- the awareness of the Bribery Act 2010 among SMEs that export, or plan to export goods and/or services
- their use of guidance and advice on bribery prevention procedures (including who supplied the advice and how much it cost)
- the extent to which SMEs had put in place anti-bribery procedures and how much they cost
- how the Act had affected their exports and operational behaviour overseas
- any specific concerns or problems they had experienced as a result of the Act or MoJ guidance