Illegal working closure notice and compliance orders
Guidance for frontline staff on illegal working closure notices and compliance orders.
PDF, 195KB, 23 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance is issued for frontline staff, mainly immigration officers, who will use the new powers in the Immigration Act 2016 to issue closure notices and apply for compliance orders to prevent illegal working.
The guidance is issued under paragraph 16 of schedule 6 to the Immigration Act 2016. The provisions commence on 1 December 2016.
The guidance includes information on:
- the purpose of closure notices and compliance orders
- when a closure notice may be issued and how it is served
- when and how to apply to a court for a compliance order
- what a compliance order may contain
- appeals, extensions, variations and discharge of compliance orders
- offences for breach of notices and orders