Provides information and advice on determining ordinary residence for people requiring local community care services before 1 April 2015.
PDF, 381KB, 2 pages
PDF, 31.9KB, 4 pages
PDF, 25.4KB, 3 pages
PDF, 29.9KB, 4 pages
PDF, 43KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The ordinary residence guidance was updated on 28 March 2013 to take account of the NHS reforms, which take effect from 1 April 2013. You should read the guidance in conjunction with the following directions:
- Ordinary Residence Disputes (National Assistance Act 1948) Directions 2010
- Ordinary Residence Disputes (Community Care (Delayed Discharges etc.) Act 2003 Directions 2010
- Ordinary Residence Disputes (Mental Capacity Act 2005) Directions 2010
- Memorandum of Understanding between Secretary of State and Scottish Ministers
- Cross-border Arrangements between England and Wales
- Ordinary Residence publication of Determinations in 2012