This report gives a renewed focus on prevention overseas, tougher action on the perpetrators and better identification and care for victims.
This report, ‘Human trafficking: the government’s strategy’, gives a renewed focus on prevention overseas, a stronger border at home, tougher action on the perpetrators and better identification and care for the victims.
This strategy takes a comprehensive approach to tackling trafficking. It:
- confirms our commitment to improving victim care arrangements
- focuses on disrupting trafficking networks before they reach the UK
- establishes a basis for smarter multi-agency action at the border
- aims to improve coordination of our law enforcement efforts in the UK
- seeks to strengthen intelligence-gathering and -sharing through the new National Crime Agency
- places emphasis on raising awareness of child trafficking and ensuring child victims are safeguarded and protected from re-trafficking
If you require a Welsh translation of the strategy documents, please email the Home Office.