The HS2 supplier guide has been developed to help suppliers find out more about the High Speed 2 project
This is the first edition of the HS2 supplier guide and it will evolve over time along with the project. The guide highlights what is important to HS2 Ltd and what will be required from our supply chain. The guide helps to answer the following questions:
- What is HS2?
- What will HS2 Ltd be buying?
- When will HS2 Ltd be buying?
- Where can suppliers access opportunities?
- How will HS2 Ltd engage with suppliers?
- What do HS2 Ltd require from the HS2 supply chain?
- What can suppliers do now?
High Speed One, the Olympics and Crossrail were big project; HS2 is even bigger and at HS2 Ltd we want you to get involved now. Add your expertise to ours and seize the opportunities in Europe’s largest mega-project.
Supply Chain Health and Safety Standard
The HS2 Ltd Supply Chain Health and Safety Standard has been produced to provide clarity to suppliers (including contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers of goods and/or services, manufacturers and any others providing people, goods or services to HS2).
HS2 appreciates that the size and nature of the many packages of work that will be carried out over time will vary. It is expected that the application of this standard shall be proportionate to the nature of the work and the risks associated with the work, products and/or services to be provided.
There are two versions available:
- An overview, designed to be read by the senior leaders within our supplier organisations, which goes some way in defining the health and safety requirements, culture and values within HS2, without being over-prescriptive in how desired outcomes will be achieved.
- A more detailed version which is aimed at the health and safety professionals within our supplier organisations.