Department for Transport has accepted the recommendations of the ‘HS2 Plus’ report.
Following on from the report, this letter now confirms the department’s requirements of HS2 Ltd regarding:
- plans for Euston Station
- options for improving connections to Europe
- potential refinements to proposals for the HS2 Phase Two route
- a connection to Crewe with a transport hub
- integration with Network Rail’s strategic business plan
- proposals for an HS2 regeneration company
It instructs HS2 Ltd, working with Network Rail and within existing budgets, to progress with the programme of work outlined, ensuring proposals are backed up with clear evidence, with costs and risks identified.