Letter accepting the Higgin report recommendation to link HS2 to HS1 but asking for additional information before accepting other suggestions.
PDF, 407KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Department for Transport has accepted the recommendations of the ‘HS2 Plus’ report.
Following on from the report, this letter now confirms the department’s requirements of HS2 Ltd regarding:
- plans for Euston Station
- options for improving connections to Europe
- potential refinements to proposals for the HS2 Phase Two route
- a connection to Crewe with a transport hub
- integration with Network Rail’s strategic business plan
- proposals for an HS2 regeneration company
It instructs HS2 Ltd, working with Network Rail and within existing budgets, to progress with the programme of work outlined, ensuring proposals are backed up with clear evidence, with costs and risks identified.