HS2 Phase 2a: strategic case
- Department for Transport and High Speed Two (HS2) Limited
- Part of:
- HS2 Phase Two: from the West Midlands to Leeds and Manchester and HS2: high speed rail
- First published:
- 30 November 2015
Sets out the strategic case for the HS2 Phase Two route section between Fradley and Crewe and for its accelerated delivery.
PDF, 329KB, 38 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document sets out the strategic justification for a section of the HS2 Phase Two route and the case for accelerating its delivery. The section, referred to as Phase 2a, is between Fradley (at the point where HS2 Phase One joins the West Coast Main Line) and Crewe. It will open in 2027, 6 years earlier than originally planned.
This document sets out:
- the scope of the route section to be accelerated
- the rationale for acceleration
- the strategic case for this section of route, including value for money and the available rail alternatives
This strategic case forms part of the 5-part strategic outline business case (SOBC) for Phase 2a.
Published: 30 November 2015