How to appeal a decision by DWP (SSCS1A)

What you need to do to appeal a Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) decision about social security benefits or child maintenance.



A guide to help you complete these appeal forms:

  • Form SSCS1: for social security benefits decisions
  • Form SSCS2: for child support/maintenance decisions
  • Form SSCS3: for compensation recovery decisions
Published 1 March 2018
Last updated 20 June 2018 + show all updates
  1. Added revised Welsh version of SSCS1a.
  2. First published.