How low income is measured in households below average income statistics
A brief graphical explanation of how low income is measured when producing households below average income statistics.
PDF, 62.3KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This includes guidance on how:
- income data undergoes equivalisation (which allows comparisons to be made of individuals of different ages from different sized households)
- housing costs are considered
- median household income is used to find the number of people in low-income households
- inequality measures are produced
- confidence intervals are used to show uncertainty around the estimates
If you want to print the infographic, use the ‘Poster’ option in your print options.