These documents explain the Home Office structure and pay scales as at 31 March 2017. This information is updated every 6 months. Please note that HMPO ceased to be an Executive Agency and was brought into the Home Office from 1 October 2014. It is now included as part of the Home Office return.
This information focuses on posts rather than people. The following posts are included:
- those occupied by permanent staff
- those occupied by fixed term appointees
- all posts occupied by a member of staff loaned or seconded into the department (regardless of funding arrangement)
- all staff on loan or secondment out of the department for which the department is incurring a cost
- all staff who are being paid but are not in a substantive post
- vacant posts
The following posts are excluded:
- exclusions on security grounds
See the Home Office organogram on the Cabinet Office website.
- This publication is based on information taken on 31 March 2017. Like all organisations, staff changes occur on a frequent basis, which makes complete accuracy at this level of detail a difficult task.
- The minimum of the national pay scale and the maximum of the London pay scale is shown for all junior grades.
- Team salary costs are rounded to the nearest £10,000.