We have a received a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 asking for the following: Details of all media organisations, …
We have a received a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 asking for the following:
- Details of all media organisations, specifying the newspaper, journal, magazine, radio station or television channel, with whom the Home Secretary’s political advisers between Tuesday 30th January and Thursday 1st February 2007 inclusive, discussed the alleged plot by Islamist extremists to kidnap one or more members of the armed forces, and the police’s investigation or impending investigation into the alleged plot, and/or who was briefed in relation to the same between the same dates, and/or to whom information, in whatever form, in relation to the same was provided by them between the same dates;
- In relation to each such media organisation (specifying as above) the date and time of each contact and the manner in which it was made;
- Details of any policy operated by the Home Office on briefing the media on sensitive police and security operations including, where such a policy provides for it:
a. Who should authorise such briefing;
b. Who should conduct it;
c. Whether it should be done on or off the record;
d. Whether records are kept of such briefings;
e. Whether the police are consulted about any such briefings before they are conducted;
f. Whether there are any Chinese walls between the Home Office and political staff to protect sensitive material.
We released the following information on: 4 May 2007
A copy of the final response letter.
A letter from the Home Secretary to Dominic Grieve
A letter from David Normington to David Davis
An extract from the Home Office Press Office log
Date: Fri May 04 12:03:20 BST 2007
Final response to a Freedom of Information request about the media briefings by the Home Office relating to the West Midlands Anti terror operation in January / February 2007(Operation Gamble).
- Home Office media briefing relating to West Midlands anti-terror operation in January 2007 (PDF file - 193kb)
A letter from the Home Secretary to Domonic Grieve about media briefings relating to the West Midlands anti-terror operation in January / Febryuary 2007 (Operation Gamble).
- Home Office media briefing relating to the Wesdt Midlands anti-terror operation in January / February 2007 (Operation Gamble). (PDF file - 88kb)
A letter from David Normington to David Davis in relation to Operation Gamble.
- Home Office media briefings relating to West Midlands anti-terror operation in January/February 2007 (Operation Gamble). (PDF file - 2mb - Warning: large file)
An extract of the Home Office Press Office log, relating to Operation Gamble.