These documents explain the Home Office structure in detail, as well as the salaries of its senior civil servants.
They were originally published in October 2010, with revisions issued in February 2011.
The documents focus on posts rather than people.
The following posts are included:
- those occupied by permanent staff
- those occupied by fixed term appointees
- all posts occupied by a member of staff loaned or seconded in to the Home Office (regardless of funding arrangement)
- any vacant posts
The following are excluded:
- exclusions on security grounds
- staff on career break or unpaid leave
- staff on loan or secondment out of the Home Office (regardless of funding arrangement)