Application information to become a member of HMRC's Charter Committee.
PDF, 299KB, 16 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The deadline for submitting applications has passed, and the application process is now closed.
In order to strengthen the governance of Your Charter, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has created a new Charter Committee.
This will be a sub-committee of the HMRC Board.
Its membership will include HMRC Executives, non-Executives and a range of external stakeholders who represent HMRC’s broad range of customer groups. It will be chaired by the HMRC Board’s Non-Executive Charter champion, Edwina Dunn.
We are looking for four people to join the Charter Committee as external members. We’d like these members to:
- represent HMRC’s broad customer groups
- constructively challenge and advise the Board on fulfilment of the Charter commitments
Those selected will be appointed in a personal capacity. To be successful in the role, individuals will need to have:
- experience relating to HMRC’s work from using our services
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to influence and persuade stakeholders at the highest level within public, private and third sector organisations as well as a clear ability to probe and challenge constructively
- the ability to examine and understand data/information, engage in team discussions to agree a course action and be part of a workable solution
- a strong customer service ethos and be passionate about improving and delivering services to all HMRC customers
Charter Committee members do not receive remuneration but HMRC reimburses expenses reasonably incurred in carrying out their duties such as standard class travel and travel on public transport. Further details will be provided to successful candidates when they take up appointment.
Full application information is contained in the Candidate Pack above.