HM Treasury departmental improvement plan: Building a great Treasury
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
This publication sets out a small number of targeted actions which focus on professionalising what we do.
The Treasury has been through significant change over the past few years, embedding a significant set of structural reforms so we can operate as a smaller, more nimble and responsive organisation.
But we continue to face stiff challenges across a range of areas, which our improvement plan, Building a great Treasury, is designed to address over the next 2 to 3 years:
- professionalising our approach to policy
- deepening skills and expertise
- moving from good to great management practices
- raising our game on stakeholder relationships
- further improvements in our diversity
The plan is a result of extensive consultation and engagement across the organisation and with our key stakeholders.