History of road safety, The Highway Code and the driving test
An overview of the history of road safety developments in Great Britain, The Highway Code, and the driving test.
This document gives an overview of the history of:
- road safety improvements which have been made in Great Britain
- The Highway Code
- the driving test
Published: 8 November 2012
Updated: 26 March 2015
- Corrected the name of the first person to pass the driving test from Mr Beene to Mr Beere, and added an image of his pass certificate.
- Added computer generated imagery clips replacing video clips in the hazard perception part of the theory test to the timeline.
- Added information about the launch of the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency, the end of foreign language driving tests and the ADI standards check.
- Added information about the conclusion of the motorcycle test review and the launch of the modernising driver training consultation in 2013.
- Added information about about changes made in 2013
- First published.