An overview of the history of road safety developments in Great Britain, The Highway Code, and the driving test.
This document gives an overview of the history of:
- road safety improvements which have been made in Great Britain
- The Highway Code
- the driving test
Published: 8 November 2012
Updated: 26 March 2015
- Corrected the name of the first person to pass the driving test from Mr Beene to Mr Beere, and added an image of his pass certificate.
- Added computer generated imagery clips replacing video clips in the hazard perception part of the theory test to the timeline.
- Added information about the launch of the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency, the end of foreign language driving tests and the ADI standards check.
- Added information about the conclusion of the motorcycle test review and the launch of the modernising driver training consultation in 2013.
- Added information about about changes made in 2013
- First published.