The SRNIR is based on our extensive research, evidence base and our understanding of the needs of customers and stakeholders.
In short, our report sets out our priorities for:
- a continued focus on our operations, maintenance and renewals
- Smart Motorways, which will become the spine of the network
- the rollout of expressways
- the transformational investments that need to be undertaken
- a balanced investment programme that also delivers small and medium schemes
- refining our Designated Funds to increase their reach
- preparing for the future
The DfT’s public consultation on the document closed on 7 February 2018 and their response will be published on their website later this year.