We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
In order to set investment in the Strategic Road Network (SRN) the government publishes a multi-year ‘Road investment strategy’ (RIS). The second RIS (RIS2) will cover the financial years 2020/21 to 2024/25.
As the first step in the process for setting RIS2, Highways England has published its Strategic Road Network initial report and supporting documents.
The SRN initial report sets out:
- Highways England’s assessment of the current state of the SRN
- its potential future needs
- their proposed priorities for RIS2
To inform its response to the initial report, the Department for Transport is first seeking views on:
- the proposals made by Highways England in the SRN initial report
- our analytical approach for developing RIS2 and whether it is sufficiently robust
- whether we have heard the full range of views that should be incorporated into the RIS2 programme, including about the shape of the SRN