Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Higher education student finance, 2017 to 2018: equality analysis
Analysis of how changes made to maximum fees and student support for the 2017 to 2018 academic year will affect specific protected groups.
An assessment of the effect that changes made to higher education student finance will have on groups with relevant protected characteristics.
The changes include:
- an increase in tuition fees for providers offering high-quality teaching
- proportionate increases in tuition fee loans
- increases in living costs support
- Department of Health removal of NHS bursaries and replacement with loans
- other amendments to the student financial support system
The relevant protected characteristics, identified in the Equality Act 2010, include:
- gender reassignment
- pregnancy and maternity
- religion or belief
- sex and sexual orientation