Analysis of how changes made to maximum fees and student support for the 2017 to 2018 academic year will affect specific protected groups.
Ref: DFE-00343-2016 PDF, 349KB, 26 pages
Supplementary equality analysis: higher education student finance for the 2017 to 2018 academic year
Ref: DFE-00053-2017 PDF, 186KB, 7 pages
An assessment of the effect that changes made to higher education student finance will have on groups with relevant protected characteristics.
The changes include:
- an increase in tuition fees for providers offering high-quality teaching
- proportionate increases in tuition fee loans
- increases in living costs support
- Department of Health removal of NHS bursaries and replacement with loans
- other amendments to the student financial support system
The relevant protected characteristics, identified in the Equality Act 2010, include:
- gender reassignment
- pregnancy and maternity
- religion or belief
- sex and sexual orientation