- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Part of:
- Test and certification application forms for lorries and trailers and Road safety
- 19 July 2013
A form for declaring a heavy goods vehicle (HGV) is exempt from requiring a speed limiter.
Ref: DVSA 74 PDF, 127KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This form is used at an annual test if a HGV appears to require a speed limiter but the presenter wishes to declare it exempt.
HGV speed limiter exemptions can be granted if the vehicle:
- has been modified so as not to be capable of relevant speed
- is incapable of relevant speed by its original design
- is exempt by emissions approval
- has a particular use
Published: 19 July 2013