This memorandum has been published in accordance with Cabinet Office guidance on making legislation, whereby departments are required to review acts of Parliament within 5 years of their introduction.
- summarises the objectives of the Act and its implementation
- highlights the guidance produced to help enforce amended legislation
- details other significant reviews which examine the work of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- makes a preliminary assessment of the impact of the Act
- provides illustrative examples of the use of the new sentencing powers