This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
A review of the Health and Safety (Offences) Act 2008 prepared by the Health and Safety Executive on behalf of DWP.
Ref: ISBN 978-0-10-187642-1, Cm 8764 PDF, 242KB, 21 pages
Order a copy (£6.25)
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This memorandum has been published in accordance with Cabinet Office guidance on making legislation, whereby departments are required to review acts of Parliament within 5 years of their introduction.
- summarises the objectives of the Act and its implementation
- highlights the guidance produced to help enforce amended legislation
- details other significant reviews which examine the work of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- makes a preliminary assessment of the impact of the Act
- provides illustrative examples of the use of the new sentencing powers