A review of the Health and Safety (Offences) Act 2008 prepared by the Health and Safety Executive on behalf of DWP.
This memorandum has been published in accordance with Cabinet Office guidance on making legislation, whereby departments are required to review acts of Parliament within 5 years of their introduction.
- summarises the objectives of the Act and its implementation
- highlights the guidance produced to help enforce amended legislation
- details other significant reviews which examine the work of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- makes a preliminary assessment of the impact of the Act
- provides illustrative examples of the use of the new sentencing powers