HB Circular S4/2013: Additional funding to meet the costs of implementing welfare reform changes in 2012/13
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Part of:
- Housing Benefit for local authorities: subsidy circulars
- 7 August 2013
Additional funding to meet the costs of implementing welfare reform changes in 2012/13.
PDF, 38.7KB, 13 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This circular gives information about additional funding of £24.1m that has been secured to support the costs of implementing welfare reform changes in 2013/14.
The funding is intended to meet “New Burdens” incurred by local authorities as a result of the implementation of the following areas of welfare reform:
- implementation of changes to Local Housing Allowance (including the move to an annual uprating cycle and changes to the Shared Accommodation Rate)
- implementation of the Removal of the Spare Bedroom Subsidy (formerly Social Sector Size Criteria)
- introduction of the overall benefit cap (phased introduction, starting in April 2013)
- net impact of implementing Universal Credit in 2013/14
Published: 7 August 2013