- Department for Work and Pensions
- Part of:
- Housing Benefit for local authorities: subsidy circulars
- 7 August 2013
Additional funding to meet the costs of implementing welfare reform changes in 2012/13.
PDF, 68.5KB, 12 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This circular provides details of additional funding of £14.8m that has been secured to support the costs of implementing welfare reform changes in 2012/13.
The funding is intended to meet “New Burdens” incurred by local authorities as a result of the implementation of the following areas of welfare reform:
- implementation of changes to Local Housing Allowance (including the move to an annual uprating cycle and changes to the Shared Accommodation Rate)
- implementation of the social sector size criteria
- changes to Information Technology (IT) systems for both of the above
- Implementation of the benefit cap
Published: 7 August 2013