Guidance on visa applications by diplomats and government members

Guidance on applying for a UK visa on forms VAFDIP1, VAFDIP1(dep), VAFDIP2, and VAFDIP3 (the forms for diplomats and government officials).


Guidance notes for forms: VAF DIP1, VAF DIP1 (dep), VAF DIP2, VAF DIP3

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this guidance if you are a diplomat or diplomat’s dependant coming to the UK for a diplomatic posting, or a diplomat or member of a foreign government coming to the UK on official business or passing through the UK to another country on official business.

Published 13 October 2013