Growth Vouchers programme: choosing and managing business advice consultants
A project brief template and guide for participants of the Growth Voucher programme on choosing and managing their business adviser.
Ref: BIS/14/1037 PDF, 41.4KB, 3 pages
Ref: BIS/14/1503 PDF, 118KB, 11 pages
Participants of the Growth Vouchers programme can use the ‘Strategic business advice brief’ template to help find a consultant (business adviser) and agree the business advice required.
The guide advises participants on how to get the most from the adviser, including:
- defining the task by:
- identifying the business need or problem and identifying what a successful outcome would be
- creating a project brief using the template
- recruiting the consultant
- contracts, terms and conditions
- managing the relationship
- monitoring progress
- when the consultant has finished
- if things go wrong