GOV.UK Verify: IPV Operations Manual (redacted)
- Cabinet Office and Government Digital Service
- Part of:
- Identity assurance: delivering trusted transactions
- 9 October 2014
- Last updated:
- 4 December 2014, see all updates
Instructions for identity providers on how to provide identity proofing services in line with Good Practice Guides (GPGs) 44 and 45.
PDF, 962KB, 47 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The Identity Proofing and Verification (IPV) Operations Manual details the requirements identity providers providing services for GOV.UK Verify must comply with.
The certification body for the GOV.UK Verify identity providers will use the IPV Operations Manual as a controlling document to determine whether an identity provider is capable of delivering compliant identity-proofing services for Government Digital Service (GDS). The manual should be read in conjunction with GPGs 44 and 45 and other documents provided with the contract.
Updates to the manual
The manual is routinely updated every 6 months (in line with regular updates to the GPGs), and as required.
Reasons for redacting this version of the manual
Parts of this document have been redacted. The redacted information includes:
- words or numbers that might allow fraudsters to determine the value of specific evidence or an outcome
- descriptions of a process to determine a contra indicator (information that contradicts statements from the user or raises doubt over the user’s legitimacy)
- descriptions of a remedial or recovery process following a contra indicator
Published: 9 October 2014
Updated: 4 December 2014
- Replaced version 2.3 with version 2.3.1.
- First published.