In summer 2013, the Department for Culture, Media and Sport established a Women and Sport Advisory Board.
The Advisory Board is chaired by the Minister for Sport and includes experts from the fields of sport, broadcasting, politics and business.
The Minister meets with the Advisory Board quarterly to progress the women and sport agenda. Together, they have identified five priority areas:
- increasing women’s participation in sport,
- improving the media profile of women’s sport,
- increasing commercial investment in women’s sport,
- improving women’s representation in leadership and the workforce,
- encouraging greater recognition for women’s sporting achievements.
This interim report, published on the same day as the Government’s national women and sport conference, delivered in partnership with Women in Sport, provides a snapshot of the progress made so far in each of the priority areas.