Summarises work that has been done to assess, control and reduce the environmental impacts of Crossrail.
This paper summarises the work that has already been done to assess, control and reduce the environmental impacts of Crossrail. It explains why we continue to take the view that the Crossrail project is worthy of its support.
The assessment considers the affect of Crossrail on environmental aspects including:
- noise and vibration
- townscape, landscape, visual amenity, heritage and archaeology
- traffic and transport
- community and socio-economics
- ground movement, otherwise known as ‘settlement’
- dust and air quality
- water resources, contaminated land and electromagnetic fields
- the human rights of those affected by the proposals