Letter from a public authority to support evidence of domestic violence

Sample letter to get evidence that social services said you were at risk of domestic abuse, if you're applying for legal aid.



To get a copy of the assessment that you were at risk, you should:

  • Send the letter to the public authority and have them complete the letter
  • The assessment must show your name, and name your ex-partner as the abuser.

You can use this as evidence if you’re applying for legal aid to help you divorce or separate from an abusive partner.

Published 14 May 2014
Last updated 25 April 2016 + show all updates
  1. Sample letter updated.
  2. First published.