Gambling duties: application for a pool betting permit (BD2)

Use form BD2 to apply to HM Revenue and Customs for a pool betting permit.

This publication was withdrawn on

You can register online using the Gambling Tax Service.


Gambling duties: application for a pool betting permit (BD2)


This publication was originally archived on 17 March 2015.

Any person intending to promote a pool betting business or operate a totalisator must apply for a pool betting permit using this form.

Before you start

If you are using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so we suggest you gather all your information together before you begin to fill it in.

BD1 - Pool Betting Duty rReturn
Use form BD1 to declare your Pool Betting Duty returns.

This form is available to view here for information purposes only. Please do not complete downloaded copies. If you need a copy of this form please contact the Excise and Customs Helpline..

Published 18 September 2014