Research and analysis
Further education and sixth form college governance review
- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
- Part of:
- Further education: letters to FE and sixth-form colleges and Further education and training
- 9 July 2013
- Last updated:
- 25 July 2013, see all updates
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Makes recommendations on how to better recognise, give better incentives for, and reward good governance for better quality further education
Review of further education and sixth form college governance: report on findings and recommendations
Ref: BIS/13/970 PDF, 351KB, 54 pages
Findings and recommendations from a review of how to improve standards in further education colleges and sixth form colleges.
The report focuses on three areas:
- recruitment and succession planning of governors
- raising the status and importance of governors
- guidance surrounding the expenses and remuneration process for governors
Published: 9 July 2013
Updated: 25 July 2013
- Letter from Matthew Hancock to FE and sixth form colleges published.
- First published.