Funding competition: commercialisation of quantum technologies 3
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council and Innovate UK
- Part of:
- Innovate UK: Emerging and enabling technologies, Innovation grants for business: apply for funding, Business enterprise, Public understanding of science and engineering, and UK economic growth
- First published:
- 23 January 2017
- Last updated:
- 29 March 2017, see all updates
Businesses can apply for a share of £14 million to develop quantum technology prototypes or establish technical or market feasibility.
This competition opened on 30 January 2017 and is now closed for registrations.
Innovate UK and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) are to invest up to £14 million in quantum technologies.
The aim of this competition is to encourage collaborative research and development (CR&D) projects and feasibility studies that will either:
- develop prototype devices and demonstrators of quantum technologies or their component technologies
- improve the understanding of the technical, business or market challenges of taking a new device or service to market
The devices may be:
- other devices that use quantum effects of superposition or entanglement
Proposals must be collaborative and a UK-based business must lead the project.
This is a single-stage competition. We are running two streams to support technologies at different stages of development:
- feasibility studies: Projects should last between 6 and 12 months with costs from £50,000 to £500,000
- collaborative R&D: Projects should last between 12 and 18 months with costs from £500,000 to £2 million
You must register before midday on 29 March 2017.
You must apply before midday on 5 April 2017.
Watch the webinar recording.
- networking event on 21 February 2017 in Edinburgh
- networking event on 2 March 2017 in Birmingham
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.
Published: 23 January 2017
Updated: 29 March 2017
- Removed registration link.
- Added link to the webinar recording.
- EPSRC have increased their co-funding from £4 to £5 million.
- Added registration links for networking events.
- Updated the registration link for applicants.
- Change made in 'Requirements and eligibility' to clarify the role of RTOs in projects.
- Added registration link and guidance for applicants.
- First published.