Funding competition: commercialisation of quantum technologies 3
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council and Innovate UK
- Part of:
- Innovation grants for business: apply for funding, Business enterprise, Public understanding of science and engineering, and UK economic growth
- First published:
- 23 January 2017
- Last updated:
- 14 February 2017, see all updates
Businesses can apply for a share of £14 million to develop quantum technology prototypes or establish technical or market feasibility.
Innovate UK and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) are to invest up to £14 million in quantum technologies.
The aim of this competition is to encourage collaborative research and development (CR&D) projects and feasibility studies that will either:
- develop prototype devices and demonstrators of quantum technologies or their component technologies
- improve the understanding of the technical, business or market challenges of taking a new device or service to market
The devices may be:
- other devices that use quantum effects of superposition or entanglement
Proposals must be collaborative and a UK-based business must lead the project.
This is a single-stage competition. We are running two streams to support technologies at different stages of development:
- feasibility studies: Projects should last between 6 and 12 months with costs from £50,000 to £500,000
- collaborative R&D: Projects should last between 12 and 18 months with costs from £500,000 to £2 million
The competition opens on 30 January 2017.
You must register before midday on 29 March 2017.
You must apply before midday on 5 April 2017.
Watch the webinar recording.
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.
Published: 23 January 2017
Updated: 14 February 2017
- Added link to the webinar recording.
- EPSRC have increased their co-funding from £4 to £5 million.
- Added registration links for networking events.
- Updated the registration link for applicants.
- Change made in 'Requirements and eligibility' to clarify the role of RTOs in projects.
- Added registration link and guidance for applicants.
- First published.