Funding competition: commercialisation of quantum technologies
Businesses can apply for a share of £19.5 million to develop quantum technology prototypes or establish technical or market feasibility.
This competition opened on Monday 18 July 2016 and is now closed for registrations.
Innovate UK and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) are to invest up to £19.5 million in quantum technologies.
The aim of this competition is to encourage collaborative R&D projects and feasibility studies that will either:
- develop prototype devices and demonstrators of quantum technologies or their component technologies
- improve the understanding of the technical, business or market challenges of taking a new device or service to market
The devices may be:
- other devices that use quantum effects of superposition or entanglement
Proposals must be collaborative and a business must lead the project.
This is a single-stage competition:
We expect projects to range in size from total costs of £50,000 to £400,000. Projects should last between 6 months and 1 year.
Collaborative research and development (R&D)
We expect projects to range in size from total costs of £500,000 to £2 million. Projects should last up to 2 years. Projects must be completed by 31 March 2019.
You must register before noon on Wednesday 28 September 2016
You must apply for the expression of interest stage before noon on Wednesday 5 October 2016
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.
Published: 7 July 2016
Updated: 28 September 2016
- Removed registration link
- Added webinar briefing event recording
- Added link to webinar briefing on 6 September 2016
- Added instructions of what to do with appendices to competition guidance
- Added the competition guidance for applicants and registration link.
- First published.