This is the tenth in a series of quarterly reports produced under the Government Chemist Programme 2017-2020. The reports provide a compendium of UK food and feed law of interest to the Government Chemist, Public Analysts and those working primarily in food and feed standards.
The aim is to provide regular updates, to ensure contextual awareness and assist in the interpretation of chemical measurement data.
The report covers a number of areas and topics, organised in categories. It also includes an executive summary with a description of issues. The following list includes the topics where updates to legislation or guidelines have taken place:
- Exiting the EU - including both UK and EU measures
- Cross-cutting issues not related to Exiting the EU affecting organisations such as FSA, FAO, WHO and OECD
- Animal by-products
- Animal welfare
- Animal feed and feed additives
- Consumer attitudes survey
- Data science
- Food Authenticity
- Food Contact Materials (FCM)
- Food waste
- Food hygiene
- Food standards delivery
- Microplastics and microbeads
- Olive oil
- Organic food
- Palm oil
- Protected names and quality schemes
- Poultry meat
- Spirit Drinks
The report summary provides references and context for the regulatory updates and information about where to find them in the document.
For more information about this report, advice on the topics described or general enquiries about the Government Chemist role contact: