Guidance for fire and rescue authorities on new financial arrangements for firefighter pensions with effect from April 2006.
This document is intended to provide guidance for fire and rescue authority finance directors, pension administrators and other practitioners to enable them to introduce and administer new financial arrangements for firefighter pensions in 2006.
This guidance sets out detailed information on the new financial arrangements including:
- a summary of the arrangements
- employer and employer contribution rates
- ill-health early retirements
- secondees and transfers
- funding arrangements and requirements
- impact on fire and rescue authorities
- legislative requirements
- next steps