File a second filing of a document previously delivered (RP04)

Use this form to file a second filing of a document that has inaccuracies on the register, on or after 1 October 2009.



File second filings online

You can file your second filing online to correct an error made on:

  • CS01 Confirmation statement (only for errors made on share capital or shareholders)
  • SH01 Return of allotment of shares
  • AP01 Appointment of director

Only use the online second filing form, if the original error was made on one of the form types listed above.

Correcting errors made on the company’s incorporation documents

The form you should file depends on the error you need to correct.

For correcting share capital or shareholders errors, file a new Confirmation Statement (CS01) online

For correcting director’s personal details errors (excluding date of birth), file a Change the details of a director (CH01) online

For correcting director’s date of birth errors, file a Correct a director’s date of birth (RP CH01) and Apply for rectification by the registrar of companies (RP02A).

File second filings on paper

This form should be used to notify Companies House of a second filing of a previously properly delivered document that contains inaccuracies showing on the register.

This form only applies to the following documents:

Forms need to be printed at full size on white A4 sized paper.

Published 17 September 2014
Last updated 17 September 2020 + show all updates
  1. Added online filing options for second filing and advice about correcting errors made on company incorporation documents.

  2. New version of form uploaded.

  3. Form version changed

  4. Guidance on filing RP04 added to the page.

  5. First published.