This specification is for:
- suppliers developing software for use in management information systems
- local authorities collecting and submitting data for the 2019 EYFSP data return
- the business rationale for the return
- changes for the 2019 return
- methods for importing data into local authority information systems
- how to prepare and submit the data in XML format
- the validation rules that Department for Education will apply to the data
You should read this guide alongside the common basic data set (CBDS). This defines common data items that we use in our data collections.
More guidance on submitting data to complete the EYFSP return is available.