Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
EYFSP return 2017: technical specification
Specification for software suppliers and local authorities preparing for the early years foundation stage profile (EYFSP) 2017 data return.
This specification is for:
- suppliers developing software for use in management information systems
- local authorities collecting and submitting data for the 2017 EYFSP data return
- the business rationale for the return
- changes for the 2017 return
- methods for importing data into local authority information systems
- how to prepare and submit the data in XML format
- the validation rules that DfE will apply to the data
You should read this guide alongside the common basic data set (CBDS). This defines common data items that we use in our data collections.
More guidance on submitting data to complete the EYFSP return is available.