This specification is intended for suppliers developing software for use in management information systems, and local authorities collecting and submitting EYFSP data check returns. It contains:
- the business rationale for the collection
- changes to the 2012 return
- assessment module descriptions
- methods for importing data into local authorities information systems
- XML formats and messages
- validation check information
This guide must be read in conjunction with the current version of the common basic data set (CBDS).