Excise Notice 163: wine production
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Excise notices: alcohols, Alcohol duties, and Import and export: customs declarations, duties and tariffs
- 29 April 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 February 2017, see all updates
This notice is about the production, storage and accounting of duty on wine and made-wine by commercial wine producers.
This Notice (December 2016) cancels and replaces Notice 163 Wine Production (May 2014). Details of any changes to the previous version can be found in paragraph 1.2 of this notice.
If you are applying for a licence as a wine or made-wine producer or commercial grower, the L5 application form has been replaced by the WMW1 form.
Published: 29 April 2014
Updated: 6 February 2017
- Changes to paragraph 3.11 to inform that new application may take up to 45 working days to process and changes to current registration may take up to 15 working days. Also, change to content of examples at paragraph 5.10.
- The postal address has changed, paragraphs 1.2, 3.4, 3.11, 4.3 and 11.11 have been updated to reflect changes effective from December 2016.
- This guidance has been updated to show form L5 has been replaced by form WMW1.
- Various updates including a change of address for the National Registration Unit.
- First published.