Evidence strategy for Defra and its network
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Strategy setting our priorities for evidence and how we will work together to get the most from our evidence.
This is the first evidence strategy to cover the whole of Defra and its network of agencies and Non-Departmental Public Bodies. It sets out:
- our evidence priorities, and
- how we will work together, within the network and with external providers, to get the most from our evidence
The strategy sets out our current priorities and how our evidence needs will be prioritised in the future.
We will be changing the way we work across the Defra network and with external partners to deliver quality evidence with maximum value. This will improve the quality and use of evidence and get the best value from our experts.
Our priorities are to:
- focus on where evidence will have greatest impact on our current policy priorities
- drive up value from our statutory monitoring and reporting
- address strategic issues, and build capabilities, within the following areas:
- growth and environmental performance
- resilience and risk management within the natural environment
- managing natural resources sustainably and equitably
Published: 10 June 2014