Programme now available for London leg of the European Year of Volunteering Tour!
Are you an individual or organisation interested in finding out more about volunteering?
If so come along to the London stage of the European Year of Volunteering 2011 Tour Event. This free event, organised by the European Commission and Cabinet Office, is aimed at both individuals interested in volunteering themselves and voluntary organisations that would like to learn from the work of others.
The event comes to London from 28 October to 3 November. From 29 October there will be a market place where attendees can meet with organisations working with volunteers and volunteers themselves from organisations such as the British Red Cross, Marie Curie, the British Heart Foundation, Rockcorps and Do-it.org. The market place will provide an opportunity for individuals and voluntary organisations to:
- Meet and talk with organisations that work with volunteers
- Meet people currently volunteering and hear about their experiences
- Help individuals to decide if volunteering is for them and what they might want to do
- Enable voluntary organisations to network and share their good practice in working with volunteers
In addition to the market place there will be a series of small free events throughout the tour aimed at voluntary organisations including conferences, workshops and meetings.
The attached programme gives details of the organisations represented in the Market place each day and the schedule of events taking place from 29 October - 3 November.
The Venue is Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre, part of Coin Street Community Builders (CSCB). CSCB is a social enterprise and development trust which seeks to make London’s South Bank a better place in which to live, to work and to visit. Since 1984 CSCB has transformed a largely derelict 13 acre site in London’s dynamic South Bank SE1 area into a thriving mixed use neighbourhood.
Coin Street neighbourhood centre
108 Stamford Street
London SE1 9NH
Dates and timing:
- Launch event for voluntary organisations: 28th October 11am-5pm - Further information to follow.
- Open to all: 29th October - 3rd November, 11am-5pm daily
Programme of the event
Follow us on twitter @EYV11TourUK for the latest news and updates on the tour.