The operational programme explains:
- how the European Social Fund (ESF) will deal with labour market issues
- the employment and skills activities it will support
We conducted a public consultation on the draft programme in 2006 and the European Commission agreed the programme on 9 August 2007.
We amended the programme in 2011 to:
- move €31.7 million from priority 3 (technical assistance) to priority 1 (extending employment opportunities)
- move €11.7 million from priority 3 to priority 2 (developing a skilled and adaptable workforce)
- take account of the closure of the regional Government Office network and ESF committees in most regions
The European Commission agreed the amended programme on 12 December 2011.