Environmental and sustainability policy
The Charity Commission's commitment to sustainable development as part of its work.
Ref: Environmental and sustainability policy - PDF PDF, 173KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The policy sets out the commission’s commitment to:
- promote responsibility for the environment within the organisation and communicate and implement this policy at all levels within the workforce
- reduce the use of energy, water and other resources
- minimise waste by reduction, re-use and recycling methods
- comply with all relevant environmental legislation/regulation
- ensure that our policies and services are developed in a way that is complimentary to this policy
- not prioritise funding needs ahead of sustainability requirements
- encourage all charities to commit to the sustainable development philosophy
- identify and provide appropriate training, advice and information for staff and encourage them to develop new ideas and initiatives
- provide appropriate resources to meet the commitments of this policy
- promote and encourage involvement in local environmental initiatives/schemes
Published: 10 May 2013
From: The Charity Commission